Tarrant County College Foundation "Val Wilkie" Scholarship
This scholarship is funded through gifts made to the Tarrant County College Foundation Scholarship Fund and has been established to honor Val Wilkie, Jr. for his prominent and notable support of Tarrant County College.
- Must be currently enrolled at or entering Tarrant County College with the intent to pursue an associate degree or a certificate of completion.
- Must meet federal guidelines for financial need. Applicants must complete the entire FAFSA process by May 1, 2013.
- Must enroll in a minimum of 9 semester hours (8 if in nursing program) for period of award.
- Must have a minimum TCC GPA of 2.5 or high school equivalent if a first-time TCC student or minimum total standard GED score of 2850.
- Recipient will receive a spring scholarship if a minimum semester GPA of 2.75 is achieved in the fall and a minimum of 9 credit hours (8 if in nursing program) are completed.
- Complete the TCC Foundation scholarship application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Complete the current FAFSA for determination of financial need. Applicants must complete the entire FAFSA process by May 1, 2013.
- First-time TCC students must provide an academic transcript or GED scores, if applicable. Students transferring to TCC from another institution or graduating from high school in the spring will need to submit a current transcript by May 1, 2013 and a final transcript to be received or postmarked by July 8, 2013 to the Foundation office.
$500 per semester
Deadline to Submit Application
The priority deadline to submit your application for this scholarship for the 2013-0214 academic year is April 25, 2013.